Aberfeldy (AberFELdy) Distillery was founded by John Dewar & Sons, built in 1896 and opened in 1898. It is situated in the centre of Scotland in Perthshire, approx 5 miles east of Loch Tay and the town of Kenmore. It is still operational, but was closed for periods during WW1 and WW2 due to the short supply of barley.
John Dewar snr died in 1880 but his two sons John and Tommy, managed to turn their fathers spirit business into a worldwide famous brand. While John built the distillery and managed business at home, Tommy traveled the world promoting Dewar’s Whisky.
Aberfeldy whisky was reserved for many years as the heart of the famous Dewar’s blends, but is now available as single malt.
Showing all 4 results