Bladnoch (pronounced blad-nock) is Scotland’s most southerly operating distillery. It is located close to the village of Wigtown, between the towns of Dumfries and Stranraer. The distillery takes its name from the nearby River Bladnoch, which supplies the water for the whisky production, and was founded in 1817 by two brothers, Thomas and John McClelland.
Over the years it has closed and changed hands many times. The most recent of these changes was in the mid 1990s. The previous owners United Distillers, who later became part of Diageo, closed Bladnoch in 1993 and the distillery was purchased by Northern Irishman Raymond Armstrong in 1994, and he reopened it in the second half of 2000. However production is capped at just 100,000 liters per year due to a legal dispute with Diageo, its former owner.
Showing the single result