The Convalmore distillery was built in 1894 in Dufftown by the Convalmore-Glenlivet Distillery Co Ltd. The distillery was partially destroyed by fire in 1909. UDV bought the distillery in 1925, de-commissioned it in 1985 and resold it in 1990 to the owner of Glenfiddich and Balvenie distilleries, William Grant and sons.
The licence is still kept by Diageo who have the right to market official bottlings. William Grant just purchases the premises, and uses them as warehouses.
Showing the single result
700 ml, 58% abv, Scotland (Speyside)A rare 2013 Special Release, 36 year old, from the closed distillery of Convalmore, silent since 1985. Matured in European Oak refill casks, only 2,680 bottles released. Distilled 1977 and bottled at natural cask strength of 58% abv. To date it is the oldest official Convalmore to be released.
*Each bottle individually numbered