The Craigellachie distillery was founded in 1891 by Craigellachie-Glenlivet Distillery, a group of blenders and merchants led by Alexander Edward and Sir Peter Mackie. The name Craigellachie (pronounced “Craig-ella-ki”) means ‘rocky hill’. Its location is both close to the Fiddich and Spey rivers, and to the railway. The waters from the Fiddich provided cooling water and power. In 1965, the distillery was updated and a new still house was built along with two additional stills. It now has eight wooden washbacks. Craigellachie distillery, often referred to as the White Horse distillery, was sold to John Dewar & Sons, who in turn are owned by Bacardi.
Showing the single result