Glenburgie Distillery’s history can be traced back to 1810 when it was just a small stone building called Kilnflat. The distillery operated under this name until 1878, although it was closed around 1870. It was revived again in 1878 when it was then renamed Glenburgie. (also known as Glenburgie-Glenlivet) For a time, the distillery was actually producing two different whiskies, Glenburgie, and another malt, known as Glencraig, in 1981, the Lomond Stills were replaced by a pair of conventional pot stills. Bottlings are still quite rare as most of it is used for blends like Ballantine’s. Glenburgie is now owned by Pernod Ricard.
Showing the single result