Alexander Wilson established Inchgower Distillery in 1871 as a replacement for his Tochineal Distillery. Inchgower is situated in the Speyside area, just to the south of Buckie (a coastal fishing village), and near the site of the former Inchgower coaching inn. Buckie Council purchased the concern in 1936 and ownership was transferred to Arthur Bell & Sons Ltd in 1938. In 1966 they modernised the distillery and expanded the number of stills from two to four, doubling the capacity. The current owner is Diageo.
The Flora & Fauna bottlings of Inchgower malt whisky feature a picture of an Oyster Catcher, a bird that is an annual visitor to this coastal area of the Speyside region. Inchgower whisky is very difficult to find as only about 1% of production is ever released as a single malt.
Showing all 2 results