The original distillery was built in 1821 on the southern outskirts of Elgin by Peter Brown. However, his distillery was completely demolished and rebuilt by his son William in the 1870s. A new still house with four new stills was added in the 1970s and is now the focus of malt production, the old wash backs are the only part of the old distillery still in use today, but the Victorian buildings still stand, despite much updating and expansion during the 1960s and 1970s. Linkwood has long been prized by blenders, and the vast majority of production goes into Diageo’s Johnnie Walker and White Horse blends.
Showing the single result