Built on the Rothes road south of Elgin, on the site of an old chapel, the Longmorn distillery was founded by John Duff (John founded ‘Glenlossie’ 19 years earlier) and two associates, Charles Shirres and George Thomson in 1893. Its neighbour is ‘Benriach’ Distillery. In the early 1970’s, Longmorn merged with “The Glenlivet” distillery to create “The Glenlivet Distillers Ltd”. The distillery doubled its production capacity in 1972 and again in 1974, the number of stills went from 4 to 8. Seagram purchased the distillery in 1977 and in 2001 was bought by the French group, Pernod-Ricard. Longmorn is one of the few distilleries who has never stopped production.
Showing all 2 results