Mannochmore Distillery was built in 1971 by John Haig & Co. on the site of another distillery, Glenlossie (which was founded in 1876). Between 1985 and 1989 the production at Mannochmore was suspended. The distillery was closed until 1989 and then again briefly in 1995. For nearly a decade the distilling crew from Glenlossie would switch to Mannochmore for a few months, but around 2007 both distilleries operated full time again. Mannochmore is now a Diageo workhorse distillery, principally making malt whisky for the Haig and Dimple blends.