Captain Hugh Munro, owner of the Teaninch estate, founded the distillery on his own land in 1817. Teaninich Distillery was later carried on under Lieutenant General John Munro. General Munro was absent for many years on service in India and he granted a lease of the distillery to Robert Pattison in 1850. The next lessee, John McGilchrist Ross, succeeded about 1869, and was in charge when Alfred Barnard , author of The Whisky Distilleries of the United Kingdom, 1887, paid a flying visit. Ross gave up the tenancy in 1895, when he was succeeded by Munro & Cameron, of Elgin, John Murno, a spirit merchant, and Robert Innes Cameron, a whisky broker. Cameron became the sole proprietor of Teaninich in 1904 but when he died in 1932, his trustees sold Teaninich to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd and today, it is owned by Diageo.
The spirit produced at the Teaninich Distillery is a key component of Johnnie Walker Blended Scotch.
Showing all 2 results